Saturday, October 18, 2014

Birthaversary! :)

I love the fall and unlike most people I generally embrace my birthday.  On Monday I will be celebrating 43 years of life cancer free so far!  I am also celebrating another special anniversary, that of being married 7 years to the love of my life!  He is my sun, moon and stars which leads me to this post.  I am using the Ching Chou Kuik image called "Wishing Stars" that can be found here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/207372948/wishing-stars-digital-stamp-instant?ref=shop_home_feat_4 
I figure since there's still an "Anything Goes" contest going on with her Inspiration blog which can be found here:
http://cck-digitalstamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/ching-chou-kuik-inspiration-and.html

Why not submit another entry to increase my chances of scoring some more of Ching's beautiful images!

I truly hope my dear husband likes this card, but either way I really enjoyed creating it and I know he appreciates the effort I put into making a card instead of buying one.  I colored her with copics and used Gelly roll stardust pens for the sparkly effects in her dress and on the stars.  I thought the glitter on the bottom would give a nice soft ethereal effect.  I wrote my own sentiment telling my sweet that I thank my lucky stars that we found one another.  Hope you like! :)
Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Catz, lovely to see that you have used one of Ching-Chou Kuik's newest images and made into a stunning card. Thanks for playing along. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Design Team Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catz, hope you've seen this: http://cck-digitalstamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/showcase-card_30.html

    Kym

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kym, I feel so honored! :)

      Delete
  3. Mornin' Catz, I wish you a very Happy Birthday for Monday and Congratulations on your Anniversary to you both. Loving your card, such a pretty image and colouring. Thank you for your comments on my blog and I am so pleased you have enjoyed the tale of woe. I would be very interested in the writers group but I'm a bit shy putting myself forward for something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Sue! Should you ever decide you want to venture into it let me know and I can connect you with my friend. A few of my friends use Bubblews. :)

    ReplyDelete